ECG voltate criteria in thin males
Hi, I am a 29 year old thin male.  I went to get an EKG for some chest pains id been having (the pains turned out to be pulled muscles i had in my chest.  Once i had a massage therapist get at them the pains went away).
On the EKG it showed I had voltage criteria for LVH.  My blood pressure is normal, and I don't have a heart murmur so the only thing left that could be causing it is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (no family history of this condition).
After looking at the pattern of my EKG, blood work, and chest x-rays, my doctor told me not to worry about the LVH diagnosis from the EKG.  I went in for an echo anyway and am awaiting the results.
I know EKGs can give false-positives for males of my build, but I find it strange that my doctor was so unconcerned about hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.  Would there have been other markers for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy that were not present on any of my tests that made my doctor so confident that I have nothing to worry about?
I suffer from panic attacks and really want to get this problem out of my head soon, but i won't get the results of the echo for some time.