Heart Disease Expert Forum
EKG LEFT ATRIAL ABNORMALITY

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

EKG LEFT ATRIAL ABNORMALITY

I have been diagnosed with Long QT Syndrome (Medication induced) - I stopped the medication and the following EKG was normal.  That was 2 months ago, I started having palpitations again and went in for an EKG.  The results showed - SINUS TACHYCARDIA (hr-111)  (I am on Toprol for the tachycardia X 3years now) and it also shows POSSIBLE LEFT ATRIAL ABNORMALITY.  The numbers are below.  Can you please tell me what this means and if I should worry (more than I already am) - I am scared to exercise or anything for fear of a heart attack!!!

RR  541 MS
P    96
PR  134
QRS  82
QT  342
QTC  468

P II  0.16  mV
S V1  -0.43  mV
R  V5  0.58 mV
Sokol   1.39

Any advise would be very helpful!!

Thank  you
You should not be scared.  This is just an computer interpretation.  We almost never go by it.  If there is any concern you should have an echocardiogram to confirm that.  Other than the QTC being a little longer that expected, usually less than 440 to 450 msec, there are no other abnormalities noted.  
Thank you so much.  I did have an echo and the results will be back in about 7 days.  The tech said not to lose any sleep over it because she did not see anything major.
Thank you agin for taking the time to answer my concerns!!
I had an echocardiogram and it showed that I have SEVERE ATRIAL DILATION.  I am 38 and at age 10 had rheumatic fever.  I now have heart palpitations and tachycardia and am on medication for the tachycardia (Toprol XL).

What exactly does the Atrial Dialtion mean and can it be the reason for the palpitations and tachycardia?  Is this reversible?  I am also overweight, will losing weight help?

I am really scared and dont know what to do.  Is there anything I can do? Is it ok to exercise?

Help please!!

The left Artium was 5.0 cm.  I also had a trace of MR

I would appreciate ANY help or advise!!!