Heart Disease Expert Forum
EKG Results

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

EKG Results

This will be my last question as I have used up my two question in this six month period.

I recently had an EKG and would like to get a better understanding of the results. I know it is difficult to give an opinion without seeing the EKG so I will do my best to describe it.

HR: 82 BPM Sinus Rhythm
PR: 106
Qt/QTc : 396/435
QRSD: 112
P Axis: 30
QRS Axis : -32
T Axis : 56
P:QRS 1:1
PQi : 106
cv =14

The computer gave me a dx of short pr syndrome with rate variation and left axis for age possible anterior fascicualr block.

Previously I had an IRBBB, while I do not have the rsR pattern I do have slurred s waves in I II and V6. Does this along with a QRSD of 112 qualify for an IRBBB?

I also noticed my QT interval was borderline high, I have read that you must factor in the QRS duration was this factored in by the computer.?

Does a short PR interval indicate anything serious. I cannot see nor did the computer find any delta waves.

Is a QRS Axis of -32 serious? Could the computer have calculated incorrectly?

Also does the combination of Left Axis Deviaiton, Short PR, and a IRBBB put me at risk of developing heart block later on in life, or raise the risk of needing a pacemaker down the road?

Could my SSRI be prolonging my QT interval?

My internist (who happens to be a retired cardiologist) seemed very unconerned about my results.

I am a 21 year old otherwise healthy male with only a history of palpitations and a flow murmur. Currently on Toprol XL 25mg 2X daily and Paxil CR 12.5mg daily.

Luke,

An rSr pattern is generally part of the criteria. Lead placement issues could be a factor. The general criteria are usually present for RBBB with the exception of the QRS duration which is under 120 ms in IRBBB.

It sometimes can be a sign of preexcitation or an ectopic atrial rhythm. This doesnt sound liek the case in you and it probably has no significance.

No. Yes.

In a large cohort of 237,000 airmen under age 30 found 394 cases of complete RBBB, representing an incidence of 0.2 percent. Ninety four percent of these subjects had a normal cardiovascular examination and the course was benign, with only one subject requiring a pacemaker in 10 years. Presumably, IRBBB would be even more benign.

The general thought is no in several studies that it has been evaluated.

I am a 21 year old otherwise healthy male with only a history of palpitations and a flow murmur.

Luke, without any family history of cardiac disease, you are having way too many ECGs. Your last post mentioned, "So far at least 2 cardiologist and 3 internist have looked at my EKGs should I stop worrying?" yet you somehow have found yopurself having another ECG. I would discuss our fears and worries more with your primary physician and discuss some other coping mechanisms for your anxiety.

Good luck, your young...enjoy it.

Although it printed "ABNORMAL ECG", every dr said is normal.  I don't know it normal means is normal for me or normal for general/everyone.  I like to be like everyone else.  I'm definately born in this earth not from other planet!  When I compare to my daughter's ECG, it is very difference.  My ECG printed as following:

Rate : 70
PR : 172
QRSD : 161
QT : 440
QTc : 475

P Axis : 60
QRS Axis : -62
T Axis : 89

I can't find P:QRS, PQi, cv.  Where are there located?  It wasn't in mine one neither my daughter one.  Can you look at mine one?  Are these figures really normal?  I didn't have and can't run like my normal life.  I'm 48 and living like an 80 years old "OLD LADY"!  Dr don't understand, we have so many ECG to compare ourselves is because we are not feeling OK and why everyday is going downhill.  The Dr doesn't want to help so we try to find out ourselves.  That's why posted everyway to search for help!  Luke, I hope you understand.  You take care.

Pika.
I believe the P:QRS is the ratio of P waves to the QRS complex wave forms and this should be 1:1, the PQi I believe is the interval from the P wave to the Q wave. The cv I have no idea about, but some sites seem to indicate it stands for cardiovascular risk.

I have noticed online that many EKGs have different readouts and don't list everything but the major critera (QT inteval QRSD QRS axis, and PR interval amongst others)

While you should discuss this with your doctor it looks like your QRS axis indicates left axis deviation and that is why it was listed as abnormal. (like mine)

Once again I am not a doctor and the above is my opinion
Luke, thanks for the reply.

The Dr said all normal so what can I ask?

Pika
My EKGT results says:

Nonspecific Anterolateral T abnormalities

Borderline ECG

Am I not healthy in any way ?