EKG and blockage
Can an ekg indicate that there is a blockage somewhere?
My doctor did an EKG, and said the results looked as though I probably have a blockage.  I am going in for further tests today, mainly an in-depth stress test (I think the one where they inject you with something).

So, yes, I suppose an EKG can at least show signs that there may be a blockage.  I have read that it can show if the heart is receiving insufficient oxygen, which then is assumed to be some sort of blockage.

However, I have also heard that EKGs can show false positives a lot, so it's best to check with your doctor and go through all the steps they deem necessary to ensure you are ok!
my 4 year olds ekg show that he has a blockage it is called a right bundle branch block, pretty harmless, especially if it is on the right side
michelle
One of the most important reasons for obtaining an ECG is to help evaluate the patient who presents with new-onset chest pain.  I assume you had an EKG due to chest pains, etc.  The EKG output will show a prior infract (dead heart cells), acutely infracting or ischemic (lack of blood/oxygen).  The conditions are recognized as electrical impulses react differently when passing through damaged and ischemic heart tissue.  One of the 12 leads will mark the location of the condition.

As such it will show area of the heart is involved, how extensive is the involvement, are other abnormalities present (i.e., AV block, conduction defects, arrhythmias) and most importantly, is the patient a candidate for acute intervention.  Your medical history, symptoms, signs, etc. together with the EKG helps make a dx.  If EKG is positve, further testing is usually necessary to substantiate.