EKG question
I am  a 67 yr. old women in good health other than high BP.   Upon visiting my PCP for check up and renew my RX for Hydrochlorothiazide, she ran an EKG because I was feeling unusual fatigue and lessened ability to continue 30 minutes on my treadmill at times.   After reading the EKG she said it showed heart damage from a silent heart attack ( I had no symptoms that I recognized)   FOUR WEEKS LATER (adjusting to the "facts of having "heart damage") I had and ECHO which came back normal.   My Dr. said I had NOT had a heart attack  and there was NO  heart damage and the false findings were a fluke.  So my question is...why did the EKG show that I had a damaged heart if in fact there was no damage?   I am also scheduled for a stress tests in a couple weeks.
First of all your PCP should have kept her mouth shut telling you all the details about your EKG.  She should have told you that she will refer you to a Cardiologist to evaluate your EKG.  Period!  She is not a Cardiologist or she would have known that the "computer generated" EKG machines they are using now a days spit out tons of "false heart attacks" people never had.

My EKG which was done at the ER showed a "false heart attack", all the ER doctor said to me/asked me was "if I ever had a heart attack", and he said it in a way that I never connected it with the result of the EKG I had done there.  He then referred me to a Cardiologist because of my very high BP, and said to make the appointment as soon as possible because I need to be put on BP meds.  He never said anything about my EKG showing a false heart attack.  Weeks later I happened to look into my chart and saw that EKG from the ER and saw that a previous MI was stated.  The other EKG's done after the one at the ER showed NO previous heart attack.

My husband who had an EKG done at a doctor's office also showed a false "previous heart attack", he was never told about it, but got a referral to a Cardiologist for "further testing" he was told.  He even failed the stress test, and another one with the dye, we now know it was because at that time he was still smoking 4 packs a day, and he couldn't catch his breath throughout the whole test.

Long story short after numerous tests, my husband even had an angiogram which came out fine, neither one of us ever had a heart attack.  

The Cardiologist I saw said to me and I quote:  I'm sick and tired of these computerized EKG machines spitting out false heart attacks".  I then said "why don't they go back to the old EKG's" and I didn't get an answer.

I know of two people, and my husband knows of one person who also had EKG's who showed "false heart attacks" and these people also were tested and NEVER had a heart attack.

I'd not pay any attention what a PCP would tell me, and let a Specialist in that field as in a Cardiologist who knows how to find out if you ever had a heart attack tell me exactly what is or is not going on.  No doctor who is not a Specialist in that field as in a Cardiologist should scare the hell out of a patient.

The Cardiologist also told me if you are under high anxiety or if you are not feeling well for any reason these computerized EKG's spit out the worst scenerio, and its up to the Cardiologists to sort it out.  I say screw these computerized EKG's and go back to the old ones.  But that will never happen.