EKG saids I had a heart attack in past
A recent EKG in my doctor's office says I had a heart attack in the past, most likely during a trauma when I was unconscious/hypoxia. How reliable are these tests? Should I be concerned? Should I follow up with a cardiologist?
EKGs are pretty reliable, however, they can show "heart attacks" when there actually wasn't one.  I'm not saying your test is right or wrong, clearly it did show that something isn't as it should be, and I would think that warrants more investigating.

I would definitely see a cardiologist for further evaluation.  They can run more specific tests to see exactly what is going on.
Anacyde is absolutely right :-)
My mom had an ekg that showed a past MI and she then had further testing to confirm or refute that result. The next test came back normal. You should have further testing. I hope yours comes back normal in the end as well, but it's necessary for you to have an answer. Good luck to you.
I've no more faith in the new computerized EKG's and refuse to have another one taken. Here is why: My EKG showed that I had a previous heart attack sometime in the past. Well, I didn't think so but heard that you can have a heart attack wihout pain or any symptoms. I was referred to a Cardiologist whose very first words were "Don't worry since the EKG's are now computerized I get so many "false previous heart attacks" just to find out that people never had a heart attack". I had to go through numerous tests including a TEE test where they put a tube down your throat into your chest to see your heart/ heart valves/ and any kind of damage. Long story short I've a healthy heart, never had a heart attack in the past etc etc. I don't need that. Untill all these tests came back I was worried sick "what if, and how bad is my heart damaged from this previous silent heart attack"??? All the Cardiologist had to say was "I figured you didn't have a heart attack but since the EKG stated you had one I had to run all this tests to be sure, these damn computerized things".

I say if they give so many "false silent previous heart attacks" as this Cardiologist stated then go back to the old EKG's.
I forgot to mention in my post above that my EKG at the Cardiologist's office was o.k. and showed NO previous heart attack and was absolutely normal he told me and I saw and read the result.  This was an EKG AFTER the one who said I had a previous MI yet he still ordered all these tests.

In the future if they can't give me an EKG like the ones before the computerized EKG's I will refuse.  I do not need to go through a bunch of tests and anxiety just because these computerized EKG's spit out"frequently" (as the Cardiologist stated) false previous heart attacks.  This puts patients through unnecessary anxiety, unnecessary Insurance payments as well as payments from patients.  

They need to get to the bottom of this why these computerized EKG's spit out so many false previous MI if they can't figure it out then go back to the old EKG's.  In the meantime I wont have another one.