Heart Disease Expert Forum
ELEVATED TOTAL PROTEIN AND SODIUM LEVEL
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ELEVATED TOTAL PROTEIN AND SODIUM LEVEL

I went to my Dr. for yearly physical.  My good test came out and she sad your blood test is good. But when i looked at it my total protein level and sodium was little high? what would be the reason?
1495448 tn?1326846430
A slightly elevated total protein and sodium level could just mean you were a bit dehydrated.  However, depending on your age, they could mean something more sinister.  Follow up with your physician to find out why the blood tests are a bit off.  He/she may want to repeat them to see if they normalize.  Best of luck to you!
2 Comments
Blank
Thank You for answering. 2 months ago i started to using Claravix and had blood taking 2 time. In my tests everything was normal. Now i feel my heart about to fly so fast and my hib hurts when i step on it. I am wondering that could be from accutane. I am taking 80 mg a day. Thank You
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...