Heart Disease Expert Forum
EXCESSIVE YAWNING

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

EXCESSIVE YAWNING

RECENTLY I HAD CHEST PAIN THAT WENT TO MY BACK. MY BP.WAS 178/108 DIHEREA AND SWEATS AND NAUSA ALSO COULD NOT GET MY BREATH.I ALSO HAD TO KEEP YAWNING BUT COULD NOT IT LASTED FOR HOURS.I HAVE OXYGEN PUT IT ON STILL NO RELIEF. WENT TO HOSPITAL PRELIMANARY TEST SHOWED NOTHING THEY GAVE ME HEPRIN AND MORPHINE AND ADMITTED ME. FELT FINE NEXT DAY AND ASKED TO BE RELEASED IM GOINI IN
  ONE WEEK FOR THALLIUM STRESS.I AM 51 HAD CARDIAC ARREST AT42 HEART ATTACK AND ANGIOPLASY ALL IN SAME DAY.MY FATHERS SIDE IS ALL DEAD EARLY AGE FROM HEART ATTACKS NO COUSINS AUNT NONE LEFT MY MOM IS OK BUT HER ONLY SISTER JUST HAD DOUBLE BY-PASS.THE DOCTOR SAYS ILOOK GOOD STOP WORRING I CANT.IAM A VEGATARIAN NOW NO ALCHOAL OR CIG. QUESTION- I GET THIS PAIN WHEN I HAVE TO YAWN IVE HAD IT OFF AND ON FOR YEARS BUT NOW IS WORSE CAUSEING ME TO GO TO HOSPITAL DOCTORS DONT THINK YAWNING HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. IM STILL SCARED DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO? IS THERE SOMEPLACE I CAN GO WHERE THEY WILL TAKE MY CONCERNS MORE SERIOUS?MY DOCTOR SAYS GO HAVE FUN DONT WORRY WHEN YOU HAVE ANOTHER HEART ATTACK WE'LL WORRY THEN. PLEASE ANSWER DONNA

_
Dear Donna,
Firstly I should say that there is a reason why you physician warns you not to
worry so much, actually there are two reasons; one is that stress is not good
for the heart, and number two even with all the technology we have today, we
are still not in total control of heart disease, as  a matter of fact, there is
only one drug that we have available today that can slow the progression of heart
disease (coronary artery blockages).  So, Donna, go for your stress test and let your
doctor care for you accordingly.  It must be hard to have such a serious disease
at such a young age, but on a better note, there is much more we can do these
days than in the days of your family members that have passed.  As for the pain
with yawning, this is not only very unlikely related to the heart, it is most
likely a musculoskeletal problem, maybe even related to the stress, and certainly
not more important than your coronary artery disease.  Good Luck.
Information provided in the heart forum is intended for general medical informational
purposes only, actual diagnosis and treatment can only be made by your physicians.