Heart Disease Expert Forum
Early repolarization

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Early repolarization

I have a question: Early repolarization represent a threat to heart health? My cardiologist said to me that is normal, but I want a second opinion, also I have a lot of pvc's do you think that maybe have some relation with early repolarization?. Thx in advance. Regards.

Sinchi

PS: My heart is stucturally normal, I am a male 37 years old.
Repolarization without structural heart disease may actually be a sign of high vagal tone and may be protective in terms of sudden cardiac death.  I am more concerned about the PVC's however, which may be unrelated, however, should be worked up with a Holter.  If the number of PVC's is greater that 15% over a 24 hour period you may require medical therapy in order to prevent worsening heart function.  Of course, if you can feel the PVC's and they bother you, you could consider medical therapy without any testing at all.  
A related discussion, ERP was started.