Heart Disease Expert Forum
Echo Findings and Further Test
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Echo Findings and Further Test

I had an echo two weeks ago because of a VSD.  The results said there was trace regurg on all four valves and that the aortic valve was slightly thickened.  The doctor wants to do a TEE and a Stress Echo.  I had a TEE two years ago and a Sistimibi.  The TEE showed that the Bi-Cuspid Aortic valve was actually Tri-Cuspid with one cusp being pulled through the VSD.
I have been having shortness of breath on exertion with bad headaches and have sharp but short pains in the chest. I have been woke up at night with a pounding/racing heart beat.  The doctor seemed to think I was just out of shape.  I dont exercise regularly but dont think Im that out of shape.

Why would I need another TEE if echo appears normal?

Will the thicking of the aortic valve cause problems?  I asked the doctor this and he said, "  No, but I'm just trying to make you feel good".

Thanks for your help.