Echo Results question
I am 43 year old female.  I had an echo last week.  I have an appointment with a cardiologist next week but wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the results.

Apex appears to be mildly hypo kinetic with prominent trabeculation, cannot rule out possible noncompaction, ejection fraction is 45%.  Mild tricuspid regurgitation.

Thanks!
Hi, the ejection fraction is a useful measure of left ventricular performance. The normal range is 63-77% for males and 55-75% for females. It reflects the pumping capacity of the heart. A value of 45% is in the lower range. And hypokinesia means diminished movement of the cardiac walls, the commonest cause is ischemia or lack of blood supply to the cardiac muscle. Also, there is mild back flow in the tricuspid valve. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. Regards.