Heart Disease Expert Forum
Echocardiogram - need help understanding
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Echocardiogram - need help understanding

I had this on 9/26, I see a cardiologist on 11/5 - I'm a 42 yr old woman that has had chest pains while resting. I was in the hospital due to midly increased heart enzymes (troponin was very slightly elevated). If someone could please help me understand this report. Thanks

Left ventricular estimated ejection fraction is 40%
Multiple segmental abnormalities exist: the mid and distal lateral wall, entire anterior septum, basal lateral segment, mid septum segment, and basal septum segment are hypokinetic
Aortic valve is sclerotic
Trivial pericardial effusion
Mild tricuspid regurgitation
Midly enlarged right ventricle
Global hypokinesis
No LA or LV thrombus seen
Left atrial A/P dimension is 3.50cm
Right atrium is normal

I had a stress test which was neg - my enzymes went down so they sent me home.
Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your question. It is hard to give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet without seeing you in person, but I will give you some general advice.
I am glad that you are seeing a cardiologist soon. Even though your stress test is negative, your echocardiogram is not completely normal. It indicates that there are areas of your heart which are not moving normally and this could indicate problems with the blood supply to your heart.
In this event, you should have a cardiac catheterization. Please talk to your cardiologist about this test. If there are blockages, they can be fixed via stent techniques. If not, he will probably start/ adjust your medications in order to ensure proper functioning of your heart.
Hope that helps.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703