Heart Disease Expert Forum
Echocardiogram results
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Echocardiogram results

I was just curious as to what my results could mean on my echocardiogram, I have received a copy of them but the nurse practitioner that ordered them has not called me to discuss them and it has been way over a month since my test. Should I be more pushy at calling and asking to speak with her?
Reason for echo ordered: 2 depressed t waves on EKG, shortness of breath during activity or stairs, chest pains, palpitations, tachycardia, hypertension and last a mother with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Conclusion on echo: Hyperdynamic left ventricular systolic function. Mild hypertrophy of basal septum. 1.43 cm. Resting LV outflow tract gradient 12 mm HG. Valsalva LV outflow tract gradient is 15 mm HG. The estimated Ejection fraction is above 70%.
EF 2C simpson 83.00
EF 4C simpson 75.70
EF simpson 79.00

There were some abnormal ranges on the mode measurements but I wont go into all that, just wondering what could be wrong and if I need to push her talking to me about my results?

Thanks Tisha
1687176_tn?1321401609
It is always difficult to make definitive interpretations on a limited echocardiogram report (without looking at the images and/or knowing the complete patient history and physical).  However, based on what you provided - this is a very limited report from your surface echocardiogram.  What you can take away from this is that the contractility of your heart is in the normal range (by all means of measuring (2 chamber, 4 chamber, etc). It reports there is some mild thickness in the base of your left ventricle based on how it was measured but that it is not causing any significant obstruction in blood flow from your left ventricle to your aorta.  For a complete interpretation, I would make sure you speak with your cardiologist who knows your history well.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank