This is the complete echo report. Can you tell me what #4, #6, #10 & #15 mean? Does this person have a mitral valve prolapse?
"The left atrium is normal size. The right atrium is normal in size.
Probable PFO. After contrast injection, 1 bubble was seen in the left atrium
immediately after the injection. No other bubbles were in seen in the left atrium, particularly no late bubbles
1. Normal systemic venous return.
2. Normal pulmonary venous return.
3. No tricuspid regurgitation.
4. The mitral valve leaflets appear redundant. There appears to be an accessory
chordal attachment to the posterior leaflet. In the apical view, there appears to
be chordal SAM.
5. No mitral regurgitation.
6. The aortic valve is trileaflet.
7. No aortic stenosis.
8. No aortic regurgitation.
9. Pulmonic valve is normal in appearance.
10. Trace pulmonary regurgitation.
11. Normal sized right ventricle.
12. The right ventricular function appears qualitatively normal.
13. Normal sized left ventricle.
14. Normal LV systolic function.
15. Left aortic arch.
16. No evidence of coarctation of the aorta.
17. Bifurcation of the innominate artery not seen.
18. The descending aortic Doppler pattern is nonobstructive.
19. The main, right and left pulmonary arteries appear all normal."
I'm not a health professional, but have had a lot of echos. When you see the words normal or trivial or mild, that is always great news. I think questions #'s 4, 6 and 15 are descriptive, and #10 explains only normal leakage (no heart is perfect!) I'd think this an excellent report, but only your doctor can explain it with any accuracy.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.