Ectopic beats
Hi everyone, just found this very interesting site. I am currently suffering from ectopic beats, after months of no symptoms. I am currently taking beta blockers for SVT, which I have had for 15 years. The SVT started when I was pregant, aged 28. I have read that being pregnant can trigger this condition.

Like many people on this forum, I get terrified when the ectopics happen. Lately I have been having panic attacks as a result. I have been tired and stressed this year but the ectopics seem to have come out of the blue. I had heart tests a year and a half ago, heart scan and 24 hour ECG. Heart was found to be healthy and normal, but I since getting the ectopics again, I am all anxious once more. I have asked my GP to refer me back to the cardiologist, but he has refused, saying it isn't necessary. He is very uncaring and unhelpful. He suggests upping my dose of beta blockers, but I don't want to do this without seeing a cardiologist.

Reading through everyone's blogs, we really should all be assured that these ectopics are not dangerous; logically I try and tell myself that, but internally I keep panicking when I get them.

Thinking of you all. Good to have a forum to share my fears and worries on.

Mary