Heart Disease Community
Effects of chemical stress test

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Effects of chemical stress test

I am about to undergo a non-exercising chemical stress test.  I have been reading up on it and I am being influenced by an article by Charlotte Kuchinsky describing the severe side effects of burning throughout the body, sweats, severe headache which lingers for hours,and nausea (and possible vomiting).   "Treadmill stress test in no way compares to the agony of its chemical sister.  That particular test borders on medieval torture"   Is this what I have to look forward to?
I wish I could tell you that this would not be the case, but everyone that I know who has had the chemical stress test had severe side effects from it.  It was like a severe panic attack with sweating, feeling like they were going to pass out, sick to stomach, and headache.  They were given something to counteract the side effect, which helped with these symptoms.  It was pretty exhausting for them.  Let us know how yours went if you decide to have it.  I hope you can tell us differently.  
Avatar n tn
I agree that this was the worst test I have ever had.  I thought I was going to die immediately.  I could not breathe; my whole body was in agony and I will never have one again. I had much rather have an arteriorgram than go through this.  I have a pacemaker and an ablation.