Heart Disease Expert Forum
Efficacy of Ticlid with Coumadin & Aspirin

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I had angioplasty performed with the implantation of a stent and was put on Ticlid before and after procedure.  I was mistakenly delivered  Coumadin instead of Cardura in addition to coated aspirin.  Could this combination have compromised the antiplatlet Ticlid and possibly cause a restenosis at the stent.
Dear Robert:
Definitely not. Coumadin is a blood thinner; we used to use it in patients that received stents routinely.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. Please feel free to write back with additional questions.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.   The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.