Heart Disease Expert Forum
Ejection Fraction
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ejection Fraction

On March 30th I had a heart attack.  On March 31st they placed 4 stents in my RCA and 1 stent in my LAD.  On June 24th restenosis ocurred and a 6th stent was placed in my circumflex along with rotor ablation in my RCA for a 99% blockage and a 90% blockage in my LAD.  On September 9th I underwent CABG x 4.  I have been informed that my ejection fraction is now 37.  What is the normal ejection fraction.  How is this going to affect my life from now on.  I do experience SOB once in a while.  I am taking 50mg of Atenolol.  They put me on 10mg of Zestril which helped my SOB but lowered my blood pressure to 84 over ? so they took me off the Zestril.