Ejection fraction
My dad has congenital wolf Parkinson white syndrome which was diagnosed 15 yrs back from now. He is 65yrs old. He was taking atenolol and aspirin since than. Recently he had angioplasty done because of sudden attack of angina. Report says that his EF is now 45% and they put stent in LAD mid & distal portion. My father is very physically active man but I wonder why his cholesterol was high. My question is that is his EF, which is 45% now, is normal for his age or does it has any relation with his congenital WPW syndrome? Please also tell me that what precautions and preventions he should do to avoid further heart damage although he takes healthy diet?

Rita
An EF of 45 is low, but I think not dangerously low.  

You raise the subject Cholesterol being high.  That could be at the root of the problem that resulted in the need for a stent.  Is he on an cholesterol drug?  I take Samvistatin, a generic and it helps control my cholesterol - I run a total as lwo as 135... because of heart problem I need to be well beloe the 200 level.

All you questions need to be discussed with the doctor(s) - all we can do here is share what we have experienced and read and there is no safe way for us to give specific advice.  
45% is not really anything to worry about. If 30 or lower then it's classed as heart failure. The 45 may increase yet due to the stents.
Thankyou to all of you for reading my question and I appreciate your answers. I think you guys are right this is something that I have to discuss with doctor. Thankyou!