Heart Disease Expert Forum
Ekg result question
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ekg result question

I just got my EKG results and wondering what Low voltage QRS, right axis deviation & nonspecific Twave abnormality means (marked as abnormal ECG).
I had cardiac testing due to my blood pressure & pulse dropping too low when lying down (BP ranges 120-140 over 70-100 when sitting with pulse in 90s and then BP drops to 80s/40s with pulse 50-60s when lying down) so i was diagnosed with Autonomic Dysfunction - Paradoxic Hypotension & Bradycardia when Supine.
I am 44 yr old female and have been bedridden since 2007 after suddenly getting very ill with lyme disease, then severe chronic fatigue came on and kept me ill and in bed since, (before that I had been very active). I also have elevated cranial CSF pressure, chiari malformation, and many spinal problems through neck & thoracic which spurs are pressing on arteries and nerves in those areas.
So my BP is almost always too low due to always laying down. I also have: PSV, PAC, bradycardia, trivial mitral valve regurgitation, trace tricuspid regurgitation. Had bad heart attack like symptoms during dobutamine stress test, othewise echo/stress test OK. Slightly high NT-PRO BNP 158 pg/ml flagged as high.
Now with this EKG result, I am concerned if something is wrong with my heart and maybe that is causing my fatigue to be so bad and the dropping BP?
I would appreciate any info or ideas on what could be going on with my heart. Thank you
Low voltage on an ECG is a nonspecific finding. It can be present in healthy hearts, or it can suggest an underlying issue with the heart muscle or the presence of fluid around the heart. If there is a protein or other substance infiltrating the heart muscle, it can cause low voltage. These abnormalities are usually seen on echo, so if they weren't present on your echo, then that's relevant. Some of the infiltrative diseases can be associated with autonomic dysfunction, so it would be reasonable to be worked up for those.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank