Elevated Heart Rate After Ablation for SVT & Atypical Flutter
I am 40 years old and have never had any heart issues until last June.  I woke up one morning with a heart rate of 299 beats a minute.  After 6 months of my heart going into SVT at least 10 times, I had an ablation.  After the ablation I was told that they ablated for SVT and Atypical flutter.  I was good for a few weeks then I noticed my heart would "skip a beat" every once in a while, which would cause my to freak out.  Then I noticed my heart rate would go from 60 bpm to 100 bpm and stay at that rate for anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour, then drop back down to 60 bpm.  This is all starting to wear on my nerves as my cardiologist tells me it's normal.  Just wondering if anyone has gone thorough the same issues.  Thanks for your help.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Normal heart rate ranges from 60 - 100 and generally it slows as we age. Unless you have symptoms of chest pain or breathlessness, you don’t need to worry about the rate. If you have episodes of chest pain, breathlessness or syncope, then consult your doctor for an evaluation. Take Care.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I have a good idea of what you are going through.  My ablation was two months ago and I was doing well for over a month.  However my heart rate would frequently hit 100,  Last week it went to 140 which of course concerned me.  My doctor has now placed me back on meds.  I will be taken off of them in another month to see what my heart does.  I like you am worried; now I become breathless upon any exertion; a condition I have never had before.  The trouble I am finding is trying to sort out what is being caused by post ablation healing; medications, or what if another pathway for atriel flutter was created by the ablation.  It seems like the only option is just to wait and find out.  I keep hoping that tomorrow I will wake up and feel great; and now I am hoping that the same will happen for you.  Take care
I am 56 and 2years ago I almost died in emergency room with rate at almost 300. I had an ablation done 9-3-2013. I am having difficulty breathing, more than before, I am on oxygen at night and it seems like my rhythm is out of whack again. They said my heart is a little weak, walking and exercise will make it stronger. I kind of wish I had not had  this done. What is your opinion?