Elevated Troponin
I've never had a heart attack but I've had elevated troponin levels twice 6 weeks apart.  The first time was when I made a trip to the emergency room because of an unusual amount of irregular heart beats (PACs, PVCs).  My troponin was .21.  At the time I was found to  have hyperthyroidism, so they put me on a steroid (prednisone) for 6 weeks or so (I had sub acute thyroidism by the way).   After finishing the steroid and finding that the thyroid was back to normal (six weeks later) I went back to the emergency room (again) because I was getting alot of PVCs and PACs.  This time, my troponin was .33.  I can understand the high levels the first time, but not the second time when everything was fine (thyroid).  This was six years ago, but still puzzles me and makes me wonder if my levels rise every time I stress the heart (such as exercise).  
That's really fascinating.  Did they draw serial samples (a couple within a 24-48 hr period)?

I went to the ER for excessive PACs and PVCs in July 2003 and also had an elevated Troponin of .20.  They kept me overnight for this, as I was pregnant at the time.  The next morning the sample was normal, so they shrugged and sent me on my way.
They kept me overnight in the hospital and checked my troponin every few hours.  It ranged between .17 and .21.   Once it peaks, it can  be detected in the blood for 10-14 days.  That is interesting that yours was high one day and normal the next.  I wonder if excessive PACs and PVCs can raise troponin?  I never asked my dr.  They probably wouldn't know anyway.      
Normal ranges are from 0 to 0.40 ng/mL. Maybe you just run higher?
Did you ever follow-up or ask the doctor what might cause it to be elevated although still in the normal range?

"Troponin levels may also be elevated with acute or chronic conditions such as myocarditis (heart inflammation), congestive heart failure, severe infections, kidney disease, dermatomyositis, and polymyositis"....but from what I understand, the levels are usually very near or slightly over the 0.40.
Yeah they thought I was developing PPCM (type of heart failure caused by pregnancy) because I was pregnant.  When my echo was normal they did lung scans thinking it was a pulmonary embolism.  Then they scanned my leg with a doppler and checked my kidneys and did a chest x-ray.  What a day!!!!  All were normal.  They didn't repeat my Troponin test until morning though they took about a hundred vials out of me, lol  They told me I'd had a false positive - that Troponin stays elevated for a good 10-14 days and a normal result fit with the other normal tests.  I believe them, but I did find it really interesting that you and I got the same result with the same symptoms.  I did ask if the palpitations could have done that, and they said no.
hello, i have a trop level of .2.8 every time i go into a+e but they still say i am ok is this right they also say i have not had a m i