End Stage Heart Failure
What is End Stage Heart Failure?  Does it mean that's it, I'm at the end.  That's scary.  I've been going back and forth with different heart problems since June 08.  Never had any before.  I started out with little heart attacks (no more than 5-12 treponens (sp), but they were constant & very, very painful most the time.  Then in Dec. 08 the cardioigists discovered that my aorta was blocked, I had a quickie quad bypass.  And things have continued to go down hill from there.  My Dad died from Congestive Heart Failure, is that the same thing?
Has your doctor told you that you were in end stage heart failure? Has he recommended hospice care for you?

A person can have heart failure but it can be managed with meds and diet to some degree. Being "in" heart failure means fluid is accumulating in the body, the heart is actively getting weaker, there is severe shortness of breath, etc. Many times those effects can be brought under control. In some cases the ejection fraction can be improved.

My Dad was diagnosed as being in end stage heart failure. They started him on hospice care. With the constant monitoring and being forced to take his meds regularly (he was not doing that before), his heart function improved enough that he was eventually taken off hospice care. He lived 2 years after that diagnosis and actually died from lung cancer instead.