Endocarditis
I want to get my tongue pierced but I've read in a couple different places that you can get endocarditis from doing so, especially if you have an existing heart problem. I have SVT so I don't think it would be a problem (I read it's mostly heart murmurs, heart valve problems, etc) but I was wondering.
My boyfriend and I are allergic to penicillian and he just got his wisdom teeth out and was prescribed anti-biotics before the surgery but never took them. Would it be possible for me to use his anti-biotics (I know they would work for me, because I've been prescribed the same kind before) before I get my tongue pierced as to ensure that I would not get endocarditis?
I'm a bit of a worry-wort when it comes to things like this.
Thanks!
Can you get endocarditis from a piercing?  Absolutely.  SVT shouldn't increase this risk, valve problems would.  Leaky valves allow blood to back flow into the heart where bacteria from the bloodstream can collect and cause problems.

The antibiotics, I won't even get started on the lengthy list of why you should never take antibiotics that aren't specifically prescribed for you, but suffice it to say it's way up there on the list of things not to do.  Specific dosing is required for preventive care, as well as specific medications (not just any will do).  It's also being argued whether antibiotic prophylaxis is even a useful practice in preventing heart complications from oral procedures.

In any event, yes, there is a risk of complications.  It's a small risk, but a risk nonetheless.  Is a tongue piercing worth it?  I guess that is a personal decision, but if you're this concerned about the consequences, it doesn't seem like the right choice for you.  If you choose to go for it, I wish you the best of health with no complications.  Do think long-term though.  That piercing will be with you for a few years.  Your heart will be with you for life.