Enlarged Heart
I am a 29 yr old female and back in Aug. I had an echocardiogram that found my Ejection fraction was 30-35%. This was about 2 weeks after my mom died and since then I have been under even more extreme stress and was wondering over a 6 month period how much of and impact that could have on my heart? also just how bad is 30-35%? I have an mri coming up monday and a stress test next week... I have been having extreme tireness and lightheadedness lately so I have been worried about starting the new medicine because I was told it will only help me with chest pains and a side effect is lightheadedness... I have been out of work and feeling horrible and wonder if this is all something that would qualify me for disability or not? They are still working on trying to find the cause of my problem... at what point would surgery be recommended and medication not be an option?
Normal is about 55-75%.  It's a bit early to conclude meds or surgery, as you need to know what's causing the low EF.  For some causes, there are no surgical options.

The stress test and MRI should give the docs enough info to help you make the right decisions.  Best of luck.