Heart Disease Expert Forum
Enlarged Right Ventricle

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Enlarged Right Ventricle

I just found out per a echocardiogram that I have an enlarged right ventricle. Is this something that I need to be concerned with immediately. I am overweight and I understand, and know that my weight plays a large part in the function of my heart. However, I also know that weight goes on quickly, but comes off slowly. I have lost 20lbs in the past months and am continuing on my quest to lose weight.
Thank you in advance for you assistance.
Tracy
There are a few conditions that need to be ruled out.  The most common is pulmonary hypertension which may be obesity related, especially in the setting of obstructive sleep apnea.  The other is arrhythmogenic RV dysplasia.  Not likely in your case but you should have an ECG to look for any evidence of this condition especially if you have ever experienced an episode of syncope (passing out).  Pulmonary HTN is a serious condition and needs to be address so that the inciting factors could be eliminated or treated.