Exact location of the heart? Chest pain possibly heart?
Hi, I'm new on here.  For the past 2 months, I have had some bad chest pain.  I am still convinced it's in the area of the heart, but I've had different doctors tell me that the heart was located in different locations.  I have had about 6 EKG's, 2 chest x-rays, and an echocardiogram.  Everything perfect.  I had a physical 2 months ago and it was perfect.  Cholesterol is low/good.  Blood sugar is normal, and BP is always around 105/70.  Keep in mind, I'm only 22 years old, 5'4", and 115 lbs.  Heart disease does not run in my family.  I'm athletic as well.  No stress involved.  I feel pain about 2-3 inches below the left nipple, almost next to the sternum (where the "hole" is).  From time to time, I get a sharp stabbing pain that feels like an electric shock in the heart that only lasts about a second.  It's there from the second I wake up in the morning to the second I go to sleep, so it's constant and dull/tight after the initial sharp pain.  I've been told that the heart is much higher up, but if this is so, why do I feel my heart beat so strongly where I have pain?  Where exactly is the heart?  One doctor told me it was anxiety and that it's all in my head, which he put me on zoloft and vistaril and none of that has helped.  I KNOW it's not anxiety!  I've never had anxiety problems, but these pains caused me to become anxious.  The pain does not radiate elsewhere, though, occasionally I get a slight burning in my left arm.  I thought it might be heartburn, but I took Prilosec for 2 weeks, and Tums for it and it doesn't help.  The sharp pains feel like muscle spasms but they scare me because it's where I feel my heart beat the strongest.  Is it possible that I have some artery blockage/coronary artery spasms, even though I have no risk factors for heart disease/atherosclerosis?  Could this also be muscle spasms of the intercostals/costochondritis?  Or could it be lung problems?  The pain is there right now as I type this.  Please I would love to hear what you all have to say since I'm sure I'm not the only one with these symptoms.  Thank you.  
See a chiropractor to make sure that your ribs are not out of joint.  When ribs are out of joint it can feel like a stabbing and pain when breathing in and out.  Sounds like a pinched nerve or nerves.  Symptoms of heart attack are heavy pressure like pain in the middle of the chest and slightly to the left.  Along with this pain can be lightheadedness, stomach upset.  The pain can be extremely bad enough that you cannot force yourself to move.  The back can vibrate.  Pain can move to the jaw or down the arm.  Arteries spasming can be very painful and when it happens it feels like a heart attack.  My sister-in-law's arteries kept spasming and she dialed 911 each time it was so bad along with her back vibrating.    
Hey I had those same symptoms.  I'm 17, male, and I weigh 115 lbs.  I am at the hospital while i type this.  I had spontaneous pneumothorax and I just got out of surgery.  Spontaneous Pneumothorax is when air bubbles escape out of your lung and cause pain.  You may need surgery to relieve that pain.  I felt a sharp pain on my left side of my chest and stuff.  I don't know how to describe spontaneous pneumo, but look it up or google it.
I just know that's how you call it.
Hope this helped.
Hey it sounds just like my pain, and mine was diagnosed as nerve issues. Pinched nerves ..it can shoot off sharp intense pain and dull pain through your chest area and into your arms/hand. Best way to test it is if ur push down on the top of your shoulder around that area and your neck you should be able to produce the same pain, which will indicate where the nerve is being pinced. Dont worry if you had a heart problems you would know by now !