Exercise after stent implant
It's been a week since my procedure. I have a stent in my R C A. I'm a very active 63 yr old male, and would like to know when and how far I can start walking. I have a Polar heart monitor that I wear for exercising and would like to use it to set limits on my activity once I find out what they are.
After my first stent I was told to take things easy for a week, then to start walking each day. I walked an average of 5 miles a day. After six weeks I was told I could basically do anything I wanted to.
About 6 years ago I was hospitalized for several days due congested heart failure and a stent was implanted to the RCA 98% blockage.  I was in the hospital for several days to normalize oxygen level.  I felt very well on discharge from the hospital, and prior to discharge I was given written instructions and the nurse made sure I understood...there were no limitations...but I had been the hosptial several days.  Upon discharge I had the energy to mow the lawns on two different home sites.

It may not be a very good idea to follow anyone elses exerpience post hospitalization.  What I find interesting on how many patients prior to there discharge from a procedure to not have been told of any limitations. It may be safe to exercise post implant without any limitations as long as you don't have any symptoms of shortness of breath and/or chest pains.  Unless told differently, you may want to follow the protocol for aerobic exercise that is 220 minus age (less 10%) as a target heart rate, and not do any heavy lifting to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps, and if you have any followup questions, you are welcome to respond.  Thanks for sharing and take care.