Heart Disease Community
Explanation please

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Explanation please

Hi I am 25 year old female and I have recently been diagnosed with left ventricular non compaction cardiomyopathy, the following is my hospital discharge summary of tests performed and results etc would you please be able to tell me what it means in plain english?

Mps done showed inducible ischemia in distal antero-lateral wall.
Echocardiogram shows reduced left ventricle ejection fraction at 43%, holter shows frequent ventricular ectopics.
Has history of palpitations, chest pains and syncopeal episodes since childhood which are becoming worse and more frequent.

Investigations: Cardiac MRI shows left ventricular non compaction with mildly dialated left ventricle with normal ejection fraction
Exercise stress test showed ST depression inferolaterally
Transthoracic echocardiogram with contrast results:
1: mild impairment of LV systolic function.
2: LVEF of 48% using simpsons biplane method.
3: there is moderate localised trabeculation around the inferolateral and anterolateral walls ( with a lesser degree in the anterio wall ) in the mid and apical regions
4:The wall motion is abnormal in this region ( severe hypokenesis)
5: these reach the end systolic compacted:no compacted ratio of >2:1 for ventricular non-compaction

Doesnt require ICD for now

Bradycardia present 50bpm.

Thank you for your time
It appears that I am the second to review your question.  I am uncertain of the medication that you were prescribed upon dismissal.  What I read is that you have a heart condition that has been present for quite some time.  It has worsened some but not enough to exact open heart surgery and though you have lost some of the left heart function your ability to sustain it seems to be present.  Again CoQ10 and good  diet will assist you.
Q: Exercise stress test showed ST depression inferolaterally

>>>>could indicate coronary occlusions, and or heart attack.  Requires further evidence.

:1: mild impairment of LV systolic function.

>>>>>>indicates heart contracts are slightly weak.

>>>>>Left ventricle systole (pumping phase) ejection fraction is below normal.  The amount of blood pumped with each heartbeat (50 t0 70% is normal).

>>>>> irregular  bands of muscle projecting from a great part of the interior walls of the ventricles of the heart'

>>>>>the meaning of hypokinesis is an impaired heart wall movement that can be caused fro a prior heart attack or occluded vessels that prevent some heart cells from receiving sufficient blood flow.

>>>>>>I'm not familiar with LV noncompaction but my research indicates a disruption in myocardial development.

Hope this helps, and if there are any further questions, you are welcome to respond.  Thanks for the question, take care.