Extreme bruising after catheter ablation
I recently underwent a catheter ablation and had complications after the incision site started bleeding internally. I was readmitted to the hospital to correct the problem and after treatment and a couple of ultrasounds, was pronounced "fixed". I have so much bruising on my leg and the leg is so swollen. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to help reduce the swelling. I asked the Dr. and he suggested heat for the pain but I thought cold reduced swelling. Are there exercises that I can do also or maybe massages? The leg is so tight and uncomfortable.
Anything you do won't help much, apart from maybe keeping the leg slightly elevated for a while. I would be careful of exercising for a few days, you want that artery to heal properly.
I had an ablation and it took my leg about 4 weeks to get pretty much well. They hit a lymph node in my leg.. was sore and black to my knee.. just takes a little time.. claytex