Feeling pulse in abdomen, please read
Hello, I'm a 21 year old non-smoker with good blood pressure.  Lately, I noticed when I lay down or do something strenous I can feel my pulse in my abdomen/stomach area. I was wondering if this is normal, because I know this can be a symptom of aortic aneursym. Recently, I've had an echo, chest x-ray, and ct scan of the abdomen. Would these tests show the aneurysm, or is the pulsing in the abdomen normal? I also suffer from anxiety and constantly worrying that something is wrong with me, so don't know if this plays a role.  Please respond! thank you!
I've had that all my life too. Years ago I went in to the hospital for severe vomiting and diarrhea. The docs made some comment about watching my ab pulse with each heart beat. Of course that was way back when I was skinny. Still, mine is noticeable. At my last visit with my doc she thought it seemed too "loud" and sent me for an echo. Everything was fine of course. I'm an old lady now (54) so no problem.
i noticed that in my skinny days also.  I would say if your CT was clear you are good.  Your doc would let you know if you needed to be worried.  You have had a good battery of tests, I wouldn't worry.  I get worried all the time about every little ache and pain, one day my mom said, "you're just getting older, welcome to my world".  Good luck, glad your tests were clear!!
Yes. I can see that too. There was a discussion like this on the board before and many many of the participants see the same thing. It's okay.
Oh, that's good! Now that I'm older I realize how much I took my youth for granted - the flexibility, the energy, the ability to sleep like a log. Now it's a lot of little aches and pains that pop up and I just have to laugh. I've reached an age where I think of the "good old days." But getting older isn't all bad as long as I keep a sense of humor.
I always feel my heartbreat in my abdomen. I can actually feel it anywhere on my body sometimes! lol. It's normal though..well at least thats what I think..it usually happens to me when I get extremely nervous and then I'll sleep on my stomach and feel/see it beat. Even when my heart rate is around 80-90 you can see the chest/stomach move along with it.