Fluttering inside mid body, felt in back

I'm a 45 year old male with MS and chronic heartburn. Currently on 20 mg of Losec (Prilosec in the US).

For the last few years I have had the strange sensation of an internal organ fluttering inside of my mid body. It goes from happening 1-3 times a day, to once a week or longer.

It is generally felt in my back, starting at the same height as the bottom of my rib cage, sometimes a little higher. Periodically, it is felt towards the front of my body, above my stomach. In both cases, it is not a surface flutter, it is well inside my body.

It lasts from 1-10 seconds, and 8 out of 10 times after it's finished, I feel the need to belch. Every once in a while, I also feel the ability to take a nice deep clear breath after it's finished.

Also, approximatley 5 out of 10 times after it's finished, I feel a flushing feeling throughout my body, sometimes it's light, sometimes it feels like a rush of blood causing a slight faint feeling.

The most concerning symptom is the lack of, or irregularity of my pulse during the fluttering. As silly as it sounds, I swear there is no pulse until the fluttering has finished.

I have had 2 holters, 1 showed nothing of concern, 1 showed a slight irregularity at the time of the recorded fluttering but the doc showed no concern, likely anxiety.

The fact that it is usually felt in my back, or abdomin area, I am hoping it is not heart related, although I have no explanation for the lack of pulse, which is why I'm here ;)

Has anyone experienced such a thing?

Thank you for the opportunity to participate!

sagentm
lol well obviously you arent having an actual lack of a pulse, since you'de be dead if that where the case.. Did your doctor say what KIND of irregularity? honestly to me it sounds like either a muscle twitch or some kind of abdominal spasm.. maybe your pulse is changing because you become anxious when you feel this flutter
collegegirl143,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated... when I told my doctor I cannot detect my pulse during the fluttering, she said the same thing as you, which is why I'm on the Net looking for the slim chance that someone (either personally or professionally) can validate that a pulse can actually stop, or become "very" slow for a period of a few seconds.

In the beginning, I would agree that my pulse was haywire due to anxiety, but now (years later) I can remain fairly calm during the epsiodes. When I check for a pulse, there is nothing there, then after the fluttering stops, I feel an initial strong pulse (with a flushing feeling) then immediatley back to my normal pulse.

To answer your question, the doctor never really said what the irregularity was, but made it quite clear there was nothing of concern, so I never pushed for details.

sagentm
if you really think your pulse is becoming that slow during the episodes that its difficult to feel, ide ask for an event monitor, that way you can record it and actually see whats going on there.
Could be kidney but going getting blood test I have same systom fluttering in my back.  Could be your dehydration of kidneys it happen when I had night of drinking.  Try more cranberry juice.  
Try a magnesium supplement. The powdered form is fast acting.