Heart Disease Community
Foot numbness after cardiac cath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Foot numbness after cardiac cath

My right foot (side of the catheterization) remains numb 3 days after the procedure and use of the plug. Called the doctor's office to ask about the numbness and explained I have a history of neuropathy although not diabetic. His nurse told me he said I'm too young for neuropathy especially with no diabetes. Well tell the neurologists ast UNC Chapel Hill that because it was their diagnosis although no apparent reason was given or could be found. No change in color of the foot and the numbness seems to be more in the arch. Doctor said this episode is caused by laying on the slab for 45 minutes or so waiting for him. Also wound site is oozing although no blood. If numbness continues and oozing continues by Monday, I'll give the office another call. Don't see him for followup for 3 weeks.

This discussion is related to cardiac cath recovery.
What is it oozing?
I also ask the question, what is oozing?  
I'd also suggest that your profile lists your age, and certainly you can experience neuropathy, but it's also possible that a nerve was hit when the cath was done.  Having had a lot of caths, one has to keep the leg very still for a long time, and that can pinch a nerve.  Are you walking and exercising as directed?
If you leg remains numb, I'd certainly insist on an examination.