Heart Disease Expert Forum
From accelerated rhythm to skipped beats
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
From accelerated rhythm to skipped beats
Hi,

Previously, the palpitations i experienced where in form of accelerated rhythm ie 85-105 bpm, which i obviously could feel....Now, it seems like what i experience are skippped beats, especially in morings...These skipped beats seem to be very frequent, yet i only notice them when i put my fingers to my neck to check pulse...I haven't had the accelerated rhythm in a while, just skipped beats...No other symptoms (short of breath, passing out, etc) are present...In 2012, both an echo and cardiac MRI were done, and both were completely normal....

If i ask the MD to repeat either the echo or MRI, i highly doubt he'll go for it, esp the MRI, & i would be STUNNED if insurance would pay for another MRI 5 months later anyway..

1. Do those numbers measured on an MRI - EV, LVSV, LVEDV change frequently like a BP reading, or do they not change so easily?...I mean can one have an EF of 57% one day, and 65% the next?...

2. In a structurally normal heart, can it withstand skipped beats easier than say someone with a valve issue, etc..And what is an ok number of skipped beats in a day - 500, 1000, 10,000 etc?..

3. The MD summarized the last EKG reading i had as follows "sinus rhythm at 97 bpm w/intermittent junctional rhythm at 90"....Is it odd to have 2 different rhythms in 12 seconds?....

Thank you..
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker