Heart Disease Expert Forum
Functional heart murmer

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Functional heart murmer
If I never had a heart murmer, then it was found while I was in  the service.........can it be contributed to military service and the VA refuses to give a disability rating saying it does not constitue one?
Dear Kygator,

Sorry, I am unable to answer this question. A doctor who has followed you for a long period of time is better able to provide an answer.

Thanks for your question,

CCF-MD-KE
is this heart murmer disabling?
I was told heart murmurs can come and go depending on lifestyle and the trained ear listening to your heart.
I was born with heart murmurs and have them rated yearly. Generally they are a symptom : sound of something like MVP or something. Good Luck