Heart Disease Expert Forum
Further Test Required??

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Further Test Required??

Recently I had an Echo and TEE.  The results were Mild Mitral Insufficiency and Mild Pulmonary Insufficiency, Trace Aortic and Tricuspid Regurgitation, The Aortic Valve was thickened and VSD.  One cusp of the aortic valve is being "sucked through" the VSD.  I have been having shortness of breath and short stabbing pains in chest off and on.  

1.  What further test would you recommend?

2.  What effect will the thickened aortic valve have?  Will it need to be fixed?

3.  Will the mild insufficiency worsen?  Will it need fixed?

4.  What would be your choice a teaching hospital (where you can't understand the doctors and they answer the question for you or an established medical practice?

Dear DSM.

Based on the information provided i would recommend an evaluatin for possible closure of your VSD and or aortic valve repair.  This should be discussed with your cardiologist.  I would recommend a center with expertise in the surgical repair of complex cardiac disease.

educational evaluatin : test, measwement
E.mail : ***@****
recently I was having a ulser repaired in my rectum. After the procedure I started to chill . I told the nurse and she put a warm blanket on me. About ten minutes later she checked my temp and it was 103.6 then she checked my pulse and my hart rate went to 141. then she checked my blood pressure and it was 48 over 100. I didn't feel very bad just a little tired. this lasted about eight hours.  I am 51 years old I have a leaky heart valve. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what happened. My heart rate stayed up for about 8hr. blood pressurestayed down for about 8hr. temp stayed between 101 to 103.6 for about 14 hrs. the docters said they didn't really know what happened.
what does this mean? LVED4.2 LVSYS 2.6  SEP 1.3  LVPW 1.3  RV 1.9  AO 3.4  LA 3.6? early concentric LVH w/o dilation.  Does early imply progression? No focal wall abnormalities.No valular HD. Intact LV sys. and dias. func.  Ejection fraction approx 55%. Doppler w/in normal. chamners normal. aotic root normal. minor mitral regurgitation.  I had a "normal thallium" with rapid reovery. but it has a weird dip between S andT where it is supposed to peak.  This has been for six years when I thought I had a heart attack but was given maalox and valium and sent home (41 years then)  since then Ive had abnrmal restig ekg withthe ST thing.  Do Ihave Cardiomyopathy?  It says only that earlyconc. LVH thing.  The docs arent telling me anything.  I am adopted and have nor "blood " relatives.
The measurements you have given correlate with the report they gave you.  Concentric LVH is a thickening of the walls of your heart.  This could be due to hypertension (high blood pressure).  You definatly do NOT have a cardiomyopathy.  You LV measured 42mm.  Upper limits of normal is 57mm.  All you measurements besides SEP and LVPW are normal.  Mild Mitral regurgitation just means that your mitral valve is leaking a little but according to the measurement of the LA it has not caused any enlargening to your heart chambers. Good luck