Heart Disease Community
Getting Beta Blocker out of my system

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Getting Beta Blocker out of my system

I was on Nadolol for about 4 weeks at only 20 mg. I tried a calcium channel blocker and had bad intestinal issues from it. I hate the side effects of the Nadolol. How long does it take to get out of your system at that low dose?
Tags: nadolol
I had trouble coming off my beta blocker. I stopped it under doctors orders but felt really rough. I read about my beta blocker on the internet and it said you should ween off it, gradually. I started my BB again but at half the dose, breaking my pills in half. I took the lower dose for a week, then reduced the same dose to every two days for another week. I then stopped it altogether and felt great.
The doc gave me the okay to get off the Beta Blocker. I had the worse 2 months of my life. Many breathing issues that set off panic attacks and palpatations with a racing heart. I was on a really low dose and just finished 2 weeks of only 1.25 mg. ...How long will it take to get out of my body?
The drug clears your system pretty quickly but it takes longer for your body to revert to it's previous state. Without the BB, you are now more sensitive to adrenalin that you used to be resulting in the racing heart and other effects. It will take a while to return to normal. Why were you on the drug in the first place? Without treatment, the condition may return.