Getting Pregnant post Stents & CAD.
I am 34 years old and 2 years ago, I experienced some chest pains and such for about 6 weeks prior to having a stress test which showed that I had 2 severely blocked arteries. One at 99%, one at 95%. So, they admitted me that day. After 12 days in the hospital and every complication, including a small heart attack during surgery due to a stent nicking an artery, I had 5 stents placed in my heart and Coronary Artery Disease.

I have always wanted to have children. And now that my life has gotten to the place where I feel ready, the specialists I am seeing now, High Risk OB and High Risk OB Cardiac specialist aren't so sure that I should carry my own baby...which is devastating to me. They aren't saying no quite yet, but they want me to see another Cardiologist next for his opinion.

They told me that my case is very rare and there is little data out there to go up against, so my decision would be to take the "unknown risks"....and I don't know how to decide. My health is way better now, my EF is very good, my cholesterol is down significantly and I've also lost weight and continue to do so. I was told that I would need to go off the Lipitor and Lisinopril that I am on, but would continue to take the Plavix and Metrotoprol XL. (Plavix would stop a week before labor.

So, I guess the reason that I am posting on this site, the first time I've ever posted anything on any forum ever, is that I want to see if anyone has any information regarding going through this.

If anyone has any first hand knowledge of this, I would truly appreciate hearing from you. Thanks so much.

-Abbe :)
Thanks for your question and welcome to Medhelp.  There is a community of of parents that have experienced many facets of medical issues that relate to child birth and can identify with your situation and probably provide some helpful information based on their experience, etc.

Take care, and I wish you well going foreward, Ken

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pediatric-Cardiology/show/302