Getting copies of medical records
Like many of you on this board, I suffer from PVC's (among other things) and  plan to see a neurologist soon.  I have already been given a "clean bill of health" by numerous doctors (including a top cardiologist in the city) but something is not right.  I think I have MVP syndrome/dysautonomia so I plan to make an appt. with a neurologist to further pursue this.

I would like to have all copies of my tests with me when I go to the appt. and also to have in my own personal medical file.  I recently had a couple of EKGs, blood tests and MRI done at a loal hospital.  

How does one go about getting copies of medical records?  
You should call each individual doctor's office and ask for their medical release form.  Fill it out and turn it in to them, asking that the records be delivered to you.  It may take them a few days to get the records together so do it well in advance of your neurology appt.
I just called the hospital's medical records dept. and they sent me a release form to complete and fax back.  I thought I would get the third degree on why I was requesting them but it was very simple.

Thanks!
There are times when you get the 3rd degree; usually that's when your medical file is big, like over 3 inches thick.  In which case the new doctor is not going to take a day off just to read it.  So, if your file is very thick just take the most relevant and recent information that pertains to the issue for which you are seeing the neurologist.
I find that by going directly to the Medical Records department and fill out the form there, I get my record quickly and within five minutes of asking, when there is noone else around. I have once asked to have them sent by mail and it took a few weeks (by the time I got them, I had already obtained them by showing up directly at their office). I find it worth the trip.
It is true that you begin to acquire quite a mountain of records, so I always select the most important ones. And I have a list of questions typed up. Hope this helps.