Gluten Allergy contribute to hypertension
I've been using anti-hypertensives for ten years now starting with Lotensen and then switching to Diovan HCT then to hydroclorothyazide for a year or two then back to Diovan HCT. I am about 20 kgs overweight.  I walk every day and when in a good routine 8 kms a day, up and down hills through fields etc. Recently I began to experience tingling in my feet and hands which I attributed to the Diovan HCt (160/25) or diabetic peripheral neuropathy since I had a high fasting glucose last year and a definitely high one this year. I've also suspected I had an allergy to gluten and not IBS as was suggested.  Finally after years of diarrhea, increasing pain and reading that a gluten intolerance could cause peripheral neuropathy I cut gluten from my diet.  I've been gluten free for three weeks now.  Three weeks ago I gave my daughter two blood pressure cuffs.  She's an intern.  I asked her to take my B.P. with the two new cuffs and my old one.  On all of them she got 120/80 or there abouts.  I started taking my B.P. three times a day, same result. I took the BP of anyone who would let me, not quite believing the calibration of the BP cuff.  For three weeks of consistently avoiding gluten the BP has stayed in the healthy range. I diminished the Diovan HCT to nothing and plan in August after more walking and careful diet to have another fasting blood sugar done since I am hoping the high reading was due to the hydroclorothiazine and not belly fat, obesity and a family history of type 2 diabetes.  So what's my question?  What is the likelihood that avoiding gluten has resulted in a normal blood pressure (and no diarrhea or gut pain but I expected that plus much, much diminished tingling).
I have just cut the gluten for 4 days and my blood pressure went from 150's /100's  to 119-126/76-82. I am on labetalol twice a day !! but I forgot to had it yesterday!and today! I am really bad in being regular on the pills .

I am cutting the gluten because I believe it contribute for my dermatitis and me not losing weight and have all the fat around the belly!! people and some times even me I think that I am pregnant!!!!
I already started noticing decrease in bloating!
my bowel habits is much regular and not loss I think this because I am eating more fruits , yam and frozen vegetables!

tell me more about your experience with gluten free diet and hypertension?
according to Dr. Ben Balzer, grains were never meant to be used for human consumption and our bodies don't react well to them.

i feel better without grains as well...

http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html
Article by Dr. Ben Balzer on diet.