Gosh do I need some feedback
Hi all, I thank anyone and everyone in advance for providing any feedback. I am a 44 year old wife and mother of 4.  I was just recently diagnosed with a descending 4.2 thoracic aneurysm.  To say that I'm shocked would be putting it mildly!!!! I saw a Vascular doc today who politely told me that he only deals with ascending aneurysms and mine (from the CT films) was descending...so I lucked out and was able to see a Cardiac Surgeon later in the afternoon who actually scared me a bit more (only because he said upon examination he detected there could be a leak in one of my valves that would be directly related to my descending aneurysm and that I had a slight heart murmur - that I knew, I've had it since birth).  Anyway I have to see him on Monday so that he can run some additional tests.  He stated that normally they wouldn't consider surgery until the aneurysm grew to about 5.0 cm or more...I need all the feedback from anyone.  Do I insist on surgery or wait like they may suggest? my brain is minced meat at this time...I'm walking around in a fog.  I've had high BP for 7 years now, was diagnosed right after I had my last child.  Otherwise I'm fit and trim.  Oh and last thing, I was admitted into the hospital a couple of weeks ago with the most uncomfortable chest pain, it felt like someone had their foot in the middle of my chest and the pain radiated to my back.
you think you have a leak in one of your valves? my god that"s something you need to no for sure asap. i just had a angiogram done last night , that test will till you for sure if there is any leak"s anywhere.you may want to ask your cardio doctor if that is something worth looking into. good luck to you, godbless                 cj