Groin Hematoma at Cath Site
About 7 days ago I had a cardiac cath due to an abnormal stress test.  The cath was negative but there is a hematoma at my right groin site that they think may be pressing against the nerve.  I have pain in my leg and it is also in the bottom of my foot and ankle.  Being a nurse I am freaking out that it might be a blood clot.  I had an ultrasound done one week ago which showed the hematoma and my pulses are good both pedal and post tibial.  I spoke with the doctor and he said to give it a week.  They also closed the site with an Angio Seal device which I thought to be quite painful.  Just wondering if this is normal!!  Thank you!

This discussion is related to Angioplasty and Hematoma at groin site.
JKJ
I've had two cath-like procedures done and have never had a reaction like that.  I'd call the doc again or just go to the office and insist on being seen....or go to the ER if the area is painful.  Not something I would mess with...but that's just me.
I saw your comment/problem re the Groin Hematoma at Cath Site. Mine developed after I went home, but I have no discernible pain; just some achenes. I see the cardiologist tomorrow, Tues, and hope he can give me the solution; but, I was hoping you also had a solution since you posted in May of this year. Also, I hope you are feeling better and that your cath worked. Thank you. Nomad01164
My pain began 10 days after the angioplasty. About a month after the procedure the pain was so severe i went to an emergency room where I undrwent a Cat Scan and ultrasound. Morphine was administered. An anurism(sp) was ruled out. It was decided that it was a hematoma. I am still very uncomfortable and wonder when the pain will stop.

Ralph
I've had lots of angio procedures now, all through the same entry site and even though I was given full anaesthetic, it was very painful in my procedure this march because it's basically all scar tissue now. The angioseal is painful when they install it, and I bruised very heavily this time, much more than all the other times. I developed a lump (haematoma) and they simply drew a pen mark around my bruise. I was allowed home but had to ring the cath lab if the bruise grew more than 10mm past the pen mark. I had to feel the haematoma every day and gently massage it. If it increased in size I was told to call them. It was about three to four weeks before everything started to settle down, and the bruise started to disperse. The pain will go away.
I had an angiogram done on 4th July this year. I was warned about the bruise and that it may get extensive. It did, all the way down to my knee. I wasn't warned however that I may get a lump. I first notice it the next day and 10 days later it is still there, plus another one below it. The first one was 5cms x 3cms, the 2nd one is the size of a golf ball. I have been admitted twice now since finding the first one and still nothing was done. I am hoping to go back to work on Monday, but the 2nd lump is growing every day. How long after your procedure could you return to work?