HCM & Hypotension
Diagnosed with HCM. Last stress test shows no blockages, and adequate oxygen intake. However, I still receive chest pains and instead of my BP increasing while exercising it decreases. Still confused? What might be the root cause?
In hypertrophic cardiomyopathy the heart muscle grows in abnormal patterns producing abnormally thick chamber walls and abnormal narrowing of the main pumping chambers. HCM patients are more prone for hypotension due to the medications they take or because of obstruction to LV outflow. Syncope can occur due to low blood pressure and life threatening arrhythmias. Sudden cardiac death is a known complication of this condition. Hypotension may be one of the risk factors for it. Seek the opinion of a cardiologist and discuss the above possibilities. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best of luck and regards!