Heart Disease Expert Forum
HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS PLEASE

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS PLEASE

I HAD AN EKG....RATE 86...PR..148  QT/QTc...390/435    QRSD..98    P AXIS..59    QRS AXIS..52  T AXIS  41 BMP  INTERPRETATION   msec SINUS RHYTM LOW VOLTAGE-POSSIBLE PULMONARY DISEASE   ABNORMAL       I AM 57 YEARS OLD AND I AM OBESE   THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY LIGHT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SHED ON THIS.....ARE THESE CRITICAL ESULTS....I AM VERY FRIGHTENED TO HAVE A NUCLEAR INJECTED STRESS TEST....I HAD ONE ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO AND IT SCARED ME SO BAD IT SEEMED AS IF IT WAS YESTERDAY...PLEASE HELP
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, it is hard to know for sure without seeing the EKG but let me tell you that there is nothing that I saw that looks alarming to me. The only abnormality that is written is the low voltage. There can be many causes of low voltage of which pulmonary disease (ie emphysema) is on the list but obesity also can result in low voltage as well. I would ask you physician about the EKG interpretation as he/she can look at the image and correlate it with your symptoms and risk factor profile.
I have no idea about those but as I've been advised since my mom passed away from a sudden heart attack.. When you go for your stress test. Really push yourself. Don't give up when it gets tough try to hold it. Most ekgs actually don't show anything knowledgeable until you get to your absolute limit.  Good luck
Says possible pulmonary disease. So some type of respiration from the lungs is abnormal. See if there is any blood test they can do that will be able to check for any enzymes. Idk of that's possible but they can do it for heart disease and is more reliable than ekgs.. And like I said about the stress test. Go until you can't breathe and then keep going!