Aa
A
A
Close
HIGH systolic bp

Can anyone give me information on high systolic bp. The dr. gave me another prescription to lower it  felodipine but I had a serious reaction to it so I had to go
off of it . I can't take water pills because they deplete my system of potassium.

CAN ANY ONE HELP SINCE DR. HAS FAILED.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
When your doctor gave you the prescription for felodipine did you tell him/her that you had a serious reaction to it, and did he give you another prescription?  Or did you ask him to give you another prescription?  There are tons of BP meds on the market.  Sometimes it takes a few switchings until you find the right BP med which wont give you side effects.

As for the water pills, I take them too, and my doctor gives me a prescription for Potassium pills so I wont lose to much Potassium.  When you were on the water pill did you also take a Potassium pill?  On top of the water pill I eat a banana and a some raisins every day, and my Potassium is fine.

A doctor has not "failed" if you wont tell him about your side effects.  Once you tell him/her about your side effects and he/she refuses to switch you to another BP med then he/she has failed you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I meant to say on top of the "Potassium" pill I eat a banana and raisins every day.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1480750569
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 03
Blank
Hema13 added the Diabetes Tracker
Dec 02
Blank
replytorahul commented on Ear Mystery, Solved
Dec 02
Heart Disease Community Resources