HIGH systolic bp

Can anyone give me information on high systolic bp. The dr. gave me another prescription to lower it  felodipine but I had a serious reaction to it so I had to go
off of it . I can't take water pills because they deplete my system of potassium.

CAN ANY ONE HELP SINCE DR. HAS FAILED.
When your doctor gave you the prescription for felodipine did you tell him/her that you had a serious reaction to it, and did he give you another prescription?  Or did you ask him to give you another prescription?  There are tons of BP meds on the market.  Sometimes it takes a few switchings until you find the right BP med which wont give you side effects.

As for the water pills, I take them too, and my doctor gives me a prescription for Potassium pills so I wont lose to much Potassium.  When you were on the water pill did you also take a Potassium pill?  On top of the water pill I eat a banana and a some raisins every day, and my Potassium is fine.

A doctor has not "failed" if you wont tell him about your side effects.  Once you tell him/her about your side effects and he/she refuses to switch you to another BP med then he/she has failed you.
I meant to say on top of the "Potassium" pill I eat a banana and raisins every day.