HLHS without Fontan
My grandson is almost three years old and has HLHS.  He had the Norwood procedure at 4 days and the Glenn at 5 months and thrived through both of them.  He went for a cath in August to determine when the Fontan would be done and they said everything looked good for him to come back in March and they would schedule his surgery for April.  His appointment was today and we got devastating news, they said his heart is too weak for the Fontan.  My questions is are there any other options and if not how much longer can we expect him to live?
You have questions that can be better answered with pediatric forum.  There are members who have experienced a experienced similar circumstances.  A heart transplant may be the best option.
  Thanks for your question.  I wish you and your family well going forward.  Take care,

Ken
  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pediatric-Cardiology/show/302