Heart Disease Expert Forum
Had an Echocardiogram and Holter Monitor at 23
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Had an Echocardiogram and Holter Monitor at 23

I am 23 years old and lead a fairly normal lifestyle, a little too much stress, a little too much fast food, etc. but I have always been fairly healthy. I started school Sept.18th, by the end of September I started having chest pain and heart palpitations. By the time I found a family doctor by the end of November the pain and palpitations were roughly once a day or so. By the time I got the echocardiogram Dec.14th the pains were 10 - 15 times daily. I was supposed to have the holter monitor put on the Monday following the echo but during the echo the tech said she was going to see if she could get a holter for me that day, which she did. During the echo there was large amounts of yellow flowing back into the heart. I am panicked! From the research I have done I don't think this is a good thing. My questions are (and I'm sorry for the long into) should I be worried and When will I get results if there is something wrong?
Unfortunately without being able to actually see the echocardiogram, I am not sure what you where seeing. The colors you see relates to the direction and speed of blood flow in the heart though I cannot comment on if what you saw was abnormal or normal without seeing the study. I agree that a holter is a good idea. I would recommend talking to the physician that ordered the echo to see if you can get your results. Sorry, I can not be more help.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank