Had an Echocardiogram and Holter Monitor at 23
I am 23 years old and lead a fairly normal lifestyle, a little too much stress, a little too much fast food, etc. but I have always been fairly healthy. I started school Sept.18th, by the end of September I started having chest pain and heart palpitations. By the time I found a family doctor by the end of November the pain and palpitations were roughly once a day or so. By the time I got the echocardiogram Dec.14th the pains were 10 - 15 times daily. I was supposed to have the holter monitor put on the Monday following the echo but during the echo the tech said she was going to see if she could get a holter for me that day, which she did. During the echo there was large amounts of yellow flowing back into the heart. I am panicked! From the research I have done I don't think this is a good thing. My questions are (and I'm sorry for the long into) should I be worried and When will I get results if there is something wrong?
Unfortunately without being able to actually see the echocardiogram, I am not sure what you where seeing. The colors you see relates to the direction and speed of blood flow in the heart though I cannot comment on if what you saw was abnormal or normal without seeing the study. I agree that a holter is a good idea. I would recommend talking to the physician that ordered the echo to see if you can get your results. Sorry, I can not be more help.