Heart Disease Expert Forum
Hard heartbeat...

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Hard heartbeat...

Why does my heart seem like it's working so hard to beat.  I can feel it beat very hard...especially on the left side of my chest.  It's quite uncomfortabe, particularly when I lay down on my left side.  I can actually feel the heart pumping blood out of the left side of my chest.  I have been diagnosed with PVC's but have not had any big episodes in a while.  I am 39 years old and I feel I am in very good aerobic condition with a resting heart rate of 44.  I exercise 5 to 6 times a week, sometimes at an intensity level of 80-90% of my maximum heart rate for 60 mins.  I wonder sometimes if my heart is going bad on me...I certainly hope not.
It sounds like you are healthy, and that what you are experiencing are just PVCs. It would be worthwhile to have a check up by a doctor to make sure this is the case. If this is so, PVCs cannot harm a normal heart, nor are they an indication that your heart is deteriorating.
I have just been diagnose with arterial fibulation and it started much the same way. Make an appointment to see a heart doctor. If it is, it may be treated with a simple pill, if not the various test performed will tell your doctor just what is wrong and he can probably be treated simply.
Believe me: hearts do not just "go bad". If this happens only when you're lying down and resting, as opposed to exerting yourself physically, then I strongly suggest you go to a cardiologist and thoroughly explain. Also, whenever you feel your heart beating too hard for your liking, take your blood pressure to see just how much force it is beating with. And simply because your PVC's haven't come in a while, that's not to say that they're gone forever. If you would like to talk, mail me at ***@****

Fond regards,
Avital.
A related discussion, ARSENIC was started.