Heart Disease Expert Forum
Hard pound in chest
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard pound in chest

I have been having problems with Serious Cardiac Arrhythmias since last Feb. Until I went on Amiodarone I got to the point that I had to stay long periods in bed due to near fainting, fatigue. In Oct. I was taken off the Amiodarone because it affecting my eyes and lungs.

I was fine for the first month [ after being off it] then all my symptoms started to come back: chest pains,under left breast and left arm pain, cough, not being able to lay down flat, fatigue, tightness in throat e.t.c. About three weeks after they came back I had this big thump in my chest and had pain so bad I could not stand up. I felt sick to my stomach very faint and it was hard to breath. The bad pain lasted for about 20 min. then felt uncomfortable for 1/2 hour or so. 2 days after that my I noticed that my breathing is better, more energy e.t.c.

I'm still waiting for my M.R.I. so I don't know what is wrong yet. Could the thump in my chest be the reason my symptoms are better? Thank you for your time

SandyT