Heart Disease Expert Forum
Hard pound in chest

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Hard pound in chest

I have been having problems with Serious Cardiac Arrhythmias since last Feb. Until I went on Amiodarone I got to the point that I had to stay long periods in bed due to near fainting, fatigue. In Oct. I was taken off the Amiodarone because it affecting my eyes and lungs.

I was fine for the first month [ after being off it] then all my symptoms started to come back: chest pains,under left breast and left arm pain, cough, not being able to lay down flat, fatigue, tightness in throat e.t.c. About three weeks after they came back I had this big thump in my chest and had pain so bad I could not stand up. I felt sick to my stomach very faint and it was hard to breath. The bad pain lasted for about 20 min. then felt uncomfortable for 1/2 hour or so. 2 days after that my I noticed that my breathing is better, more energy e.t.c.

I'm still waiting for my M.R.I. so I don't know what is wrong yet. Could the thump in my chest be the reason my symptoms are better? Thank you for your time

SandyT
Sandy,  

It is difficult for me to say what this thump was or if it may have been the reason for your improved symptoms.  I would discuss this with your electrophysiologist or cardiologist for more details and explanation.