Heart Disease Expert Forum
Having Lots Of Burning and Stinging In Veins

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have Mitral valve prolaspe and tachycardia and for the past year I have
  had a real problem with my veins all over burning and stinging really
  bad and lately when they do this they will get a white looking knot come
  up in them (kind of looks like a mosquito bite)after they quite burning
  and hurting the knot will go away.Could you tell me what could be going on and is this a form of blood clot?Even the veins in my head will burn and sting really bad.I never rub them as I'm afraid they will get a clot.
  I have varicose and spider veins in my legs but the veins that do this
  are in my hands, arms, head, etc and are not varicose or spider. Also
  sometimes my legs will hurt and ache so bad. Any information you can
  give me will be greatly appreciated!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Myrtle:
None of the symptoms you describe sounds like a blood clot.  I cannot relate your symptoms to a problem with your veins.  Perhaps what you describe is due to some sort of allergic reaction.  Frankly, it is difficult for me to even make an intelligent guess as to what is occurring without actually seeing what you describe in words.  If you have not already done so, you should seek the advice of your family doctor.  Even if he cannot figure it out, he can point you in the direction of the appropriate specialist.
Information provided here is of a general nature.  Specific diagnoses and treatments can only be made by your doctor.  If you would like to be seen at the Cleveland Clinic, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE for an appointment with a cardiologist at Desk F25.

1 Comment
A related discussion, burning in veins was started.